Consider the following statements about the Fly Ash:
- It is a by product created by burning pulverized coal in an electric power plant
- It is used in concrete to increase the life cycle expectancy and its durability
- Bricks made from residual fly ash are cheaper and of equivalent strength to that of conventional mud bricks
Which of the above is / are correct statements?
All given statements are correct
Uses of Fly Ash
- Fly Ash was once discarded as a waste but today, it is increasingly emerging as a major input material in several industries including cement, agriculture, construction, Paints etc.
- Fly Ash is added as a mixture to cement for building construction, laying of roads and landfills.
- The bricks and blocks made of fly-ash are stronger and cheaper than conventional bricks
- Fly ash can help transform barren wasteland into lush green forests
- Pigments extracted from Fly Ash can be very useful in manufacturing of paints
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module